Huh. Week 4. So I’ve been at this for a month.
Let’s see what I tried to do this month…
Thursday, February 11th
To be honest, I was playtesting a game, and wasn’t really paying attention what I was doing. I’ll leave it at that.
Friday, February 12th
For reasons I won’t get into for now, this is something that supposed to have lyrics.
Saturday, February 13th
I guess I was really feeling the instrumental pieces that sound like they could have some lyrics layered over the top. I don’t mind the semi-empty feeling, but I do feel like this piece needs something.
Sunday, February 14th
Same thing as the previous day. I’m starting to get the feeling that I’m more mechanical than I would like to be. I’ll probably talk about that in the future.
Monday, February 15th
I really had high hopes when I was experimenting with sounds for this piece. And I got a bit too hectic and never really found a nice groove for it. It’s neat as an exploration, but not as a minute piece. I do think that if I had more than minute, it would give it more time to develop.
Tuesday, February 16th
Ugh, that bass drum. It’s too much. I ran out of time, and never fixed the volume for the opening. It feel better when the snare comes in, but I’m still not a fan of this.
Wednesday, February 17th
I decided to go back to a 5/4 time signature for the last day of this week. I *think* I figured out what I need to do to make these work. I won’t know until I try again, of course.
Huh, it’s been a month. Not sure if I’ve gotten any better. Let’s see what happens after month two.